Doxa Coterie exists to disciple and train missions-minded pre-professional dancers and expand Doxa’s capacity to share the gospel through dance.
Coterie means "a circle of individuals who associate with one another for a common purpose." The term's original usage referred to tenant farmers working the land of the noble or lord. At Doxa Coterie, we use the art of dance to sow gospel seeds, as far and wide as possible, knowing that the harvest belongs to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Commitment & Schedule
- 1 or 2 year program
- ANNUAL: 32-week schedule divided into two 16-week semesters
- Semester 1: February to mid-June
- Semester 2: mid-August to mid-December
- Holidays/Breaks: Full week of Thanksgiving, Winter break from the week before Christmas through January, and summer break from mid-June to mid-August; week after Easter (Easter weekend will be utilized for performances)
- WEEKLY: 4-days class and rehearsal schedule:
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, Saturday
- 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
- Class schedule includes daily devotions, ballet technique, conditioning, pointe, rehearsals, outreach preparation (includes tour readiness as well as missions/evangelism training), and Bible study
- Local performances replace rehearsals on program days, with some additional travel for regional, national, and international outreach
- Must be 18 years or older by start date of session (February 5, 2019)
- Participate in the in-person audition process or seek permission for video application (details below)
- Receive acceptance email by December 1, 2018
- Submit Commitment Agreement and Commitment Fee by December 31, 2018
Audition Fee: $25
Commitment Fee: $150
Monthly Tuition $300/month
- Tuition is due every four weeks
- 8 payments per 2-semester year
- A portion of monthly payments accrues to support international travel expenses (once every two years)
Audition: November 10, 2018
DEADLINE TO APPLY BY LIVE AUDITION: November 8, 2018
LOCATION: Doxa Studios, Paramount Baptist Church, 3801 S. Western St. Amarillo, TX 79109
STRUCTURE: 9:00 am to 11:30 am. Includes ballet technique class and choreography session. Please prepare a personal testimony statement (5-min) to share with Doxa staff.
COST: $25 non-refundable audition fee due November 8th
PAPERWORK: Complete the Digital Application Here
PHOTOS: 4x6 of each
(1) first arabesque - profile, left leg in the air, ladies on pointe, men on demi-pointe
(2) développé ecarté devant - on flat for ladies and men
Upload photos in the application form, or mail separately to Paramount Attn: Doxa Coterie at the address above
RECOMMENDATION LETTER: From a dance instructor, upload in the application form or mail separately
ATTIRE FOR AUDITION: Ladies - leotard, pink tights worn full-foot, pink flats and pink satin pointe shoes; Men - cut off tights or biker shorts, tight tank or shirt with cut sleeves, black, white, or flesh shoes; hair secured in a manner consistent with ballet standard
VIDEO APPLICATION ALTERNATIVE:
Doxa Coterie encourages live auditions; however, in certain circumstances will accept video applications.
DEADLINE TO APPLY BY VIDEO AUDITION: November 21, 2018
Complete the Digital Application Here including reference letter and photo requirements above, and submit the $25 audition fee.
Upload to YouTube, Vimeo, or Google Drive a video no more than 20 minutes in length adhering to the fundamentals below, and share the link (include password if password protected) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 21st.
The video of the individual applicant must be in full frame and must view the full dancer’s body throughout and may not include other dancers or personnel other than the applicant. The video must be recent within the last three months prior to submission.
TESTIMONY (not exceeding 5 minutes): Please start the video stating applicant's name, age, and city/state of origin, and a testimonial of God’s grace and your personal relationship with Christ in your life.
BARRE (one side only, total maximum 5 minutes)
CENTER (done on both sides, total maximum 10 minutes)
VIDEO AUDITION DRESS CODE: For Ladies - black leotard, pink tights, pink flat shoes and pointe shoes. For Men - black tights, white t-shirt, black socks, black flat shoes
Be part of Doxa Coterie in it's inaugural season in 2019!
@doxacoterie - Instagram, Facebook, Twitter